About the role
It’s all work, it’s all play.
If you love meeting new people and want a super-charged career, connect with us! Perks of the job include a “Super Sexy” Office with an amazing view, specialty coffee and No Monday Blues!
The Great Room seeks an enthusiastic Accounts Officer who will be in-charge of the day-to-day operational accounting activities. You will play an important role in ensuring that all accounting transactions are recorded accurately in the system and funds are disbursed to our external stakeholders on time.
This position requires a high level of intellectual rigour and integrity of the highest order. You will possess a passion for process, structure and a keen eye for detail. You report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be working closely with the Office’s operational and sales team members.
What will you do
Build our Financial System
- Ensuring timely and accurate entry of invoices, receipts and payments etc. into the accounting system
- Perform reconciliation of receivables, payables and bank balances and ensure monthly closing at the stipulated deadline
- Preparation of statutory submission obligations such as quarterly GST submissions, Tax submissions etc.
Collaborate for Excellence
- Handles Petty Cash expenses and reimbursements
- Works closely with other teams such as office, sales, marketing etc. to ensure correct invoices received and timely payments to vendors
- Verifying external stakeholders details and ensuring funds are disbursed to them promptly and in line with Company’s practice
Be a Guardian
- Being accountable to the Accounting Manager on all accounting matters of the Office
- Ensuring compliance and highlight inconsistency to higher authorities
- Ensuring compliance with and providing advice on group treasury/reserves/banking policy and asset management
Who you are
- With minimum of 3 years of experience
- Someone who is ready to get their hands dirty and understands that devil is in the details
- Gets excited about working with numbers and could make logical sense of them
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Finds it easy to bridge corporate and start-up culture
What you’ll receive
- Competitive remuneration
- 5 days work week (though there may be occasions where you will be required to work on weekends due to Events etc.)
- Annual Leaves & Public Holiday
- Birthday Leave to celebrate your birthday
- Monthly Mobile Allowance
- Reimbursements for business related trips
- Flexible Benefit (for medical and other approved wellness, healthcare activities etc.)
Does this sound like you
Connect with us at [email protected], with your recent CV.
It’s all work, it’s all play
The Great Room provides hospitality-inspired working environments for a community of liked minded high-value entrepreneurs, leading corporates, and ‘grown-up’ start-ups. The Great Room’s vibrant co-working spaces are growing across Asia Pacific, and will have a presence in Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong in 2019.
* Note to our talent acquisition partners: Unfortunately, The Great Room cannot accept candidate submissions from partners who does not have an existing agreement with. We will not be responsible for introduction or placement fees for hiring of candidates whose profile were submitted to The Great Room team members or offices without The Great Room's prior knowledge or permission.
Hospitality, Real Estate
Accounting, Finance, Bookkeeping