About the role
It’s all work, it’s all play.
If you love meeting new people and want a super-charged career, connect with us! Perks of the job include a “Super Sexy” Office with an amazing view, specialty coffee and No Monday Blues!
The Great Room seeks an experienced General Manager (GM) in Bangkok, Thailand, who can spearhead sales and growth, provide operational oversight and strategic leadership for our co-working space at Gaysorn Tower. The Great Room Gaysorn Tower is iconic and centrally located (Chitlom BTS), and is our first location as we continue to grow across Thailand.
The GM plays a critical role in driving both sales and operations for The Great Room. As GM, you are the chief brand ambassador who supervises our team in Thailand. You will report directly to the Director of Asset Management on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to sales, budget management, and growth strategy.
This position requires a high level of intellectual rigour and integrity of the highest, and a passion for structure and details. Positive and a can-do attitude is a must. Proven track record in sales, P&L management, and leading a team are key.
What will you do
Spearhead Sales and Business Development
- Define key sales strategies for the region, budgets required to deliver, and drive successful execution to achieve results
- Manage the local sales team and work towards 100% occupancy
- Own the inbound and outbound sales process in the region: Lead qualification, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Manage P&L, revenue growth, sales targets, and other KPIs
Direct with Charisma and Lead the Team
- Hire, manage and motivate the team on the ground. Serve as both a coach and a team player to the finance, marketing, sales, and member relations teams; assist to create and implement robust policy and procedures
- Be a force of nature that pushes boundaries, possibilities, quality and deadlines by always being warm but demanding in a professional manner. Be optimistic and help other team members and stakeholders do so as well
- Be the main representative and ambassador for The Great Room in Thailand. Be able to effectively communicate our vision and the rationale behind our business decisions
Build our Brand, Presence, and Growth
- Embark on pre-sales of our Offices during pre-opening phase
- Open each new Office within the country at the targeted occupancy, and ensure the Offices are fully occupied thereafter
- Managing cluster performance – occupancy, revenue, profit, budget, member’s satisfaction & growth etc.
- Work closely with Marketing to covert leads to business in the local market
Enforce Operational Rigour
- Implement and monitor systems to ensure smooth daily operations across all locations, working with the corporate Operations team to ensure this
- Become the brain trust and driver of all things related to your centres including (1) Sales, (2) Operations, (3) Strategy, and (4) Analytics
Be a Guardian
- Prepare and present sales reports, financials, and operational challenges on a monthly basis
- Appoint and manage third-party consultants related to sales and operations
- Be responsible for The Great Room’s compliance with local regulation and practices
Who you are
- Someone strong at sales and business development with proven management expereience
- A person ready to get their hands dirty and who understands that devil is in the details
- Gets excited about working with numerous people across cultures day to day
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, multi-task, delegate and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and good work ethics
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to work with multiple and tight deadlines
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Finds it easy to bridge corporate and start-up culture
What you’ll receive
- Competitive remuneration
- 5 days work week (though there may be occasions where you will be required to work on weekends due to Events etc.
- Annual Leaves & Public Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Monthly Mobile Allowance
- Reimbursements for business related trips
- Flexible Benefit (for medical and other approved wellness, healthcare activities etc.)
Does this sound like you
Connect with us at [email protected] with your recent CV.
It’s all work, it’s all play
The Great Room provides hospitality-inspired working environments for a community of liked minded high-value entrepreneurs, leading corporates, and ‘grown-up’ start-ups. The Great Room’s vibrant co-working spaces are growing across Asia Pacific, and will have a presence in Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong in 2019.
* Note to our talent acquisition partners: Unfortunately, The Great Room cannot accept candidate submissions from partners who does not have an existing agreement with. We will not be responsible for introduction or placement fees for hiring of candidates whose profile were submitted to The Great Room team members or offices without The Great Room's prior knowledge or permission.
Hospitality, Real Estate
Business Development, Sales, Strategy/Planning