About the role
It’s all work, it’s all play.
If you love meeting new people and want a super-charged career, connect with us! Perks of the job include a “Super Sexy” Office with an amazing view, specialty coffee and No Monday Blues!
The Great Room seeks an experienced General Manager (GM) who can provide operational oversight, strategic leadership, and spearhead sales and growth for portfolio of vibrant co-working environments across Hong Kong.
The GM plays a critical role in driving both sales and operations for The Great Room. As GM, you are the chief brand ambassador who supervises each of the teams across various locations in your country. You report directly to the Director of Asset Management on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to sales, budget management, and growth strategy.
This position requires a high level of intellectual rigour and integrity of the highest, and a passion for structure and details. Positive and a can-do attitude is a must. Proven track record managing operations, spearheading growth in new markets, and leading a team are key. The GM enjoys being part of a fast-moving and dynamic team. Periodic travel will be required.
What will you do
Build our Brand, Presence, and Growth
- Embark on pre-sales of our Offices during pre-opening phase
- Open each new Office within the country at the targeted occupancy, and ensure the Offices are fully occupied thereafter
- Managing cluster performance – occupancy, revenue, profit, budget, member’s satisfaction & growth etc.
- Work closely with Marketing to covert leads to business in the local market
Enforce Operational Rigour
- Implement and monitor systems to ensure smooth daily operations across all locations in Hong Kong. Working with the corporate Operations team to ensure this
- Become the brain trust and driver of all things related to your centres including (1) Sales, (2) Operations, (3) Strategy, and (4) Analytics
Direct with Charisma
- Hire, manage and motivate the team on the ground. Serve as both a coach and a team player to the finance, marketing, and member relations teams; assist to create and implement robust policy and procedures
- Be a force of nature that pushes boundaries, possibilities, quality and deadlines by always being warm but demanding in a professional manner
- Maintain a calm disposition, even (and especially) during stressful situations. Be optimistic and help other team members and stakeholders do so as well
Be a Guardian
- Prepare and present sales reports, financials, and operational challenges to CEO and DOAM on a monthly basis
- Appointment and management of third-party consultants related to sales and operations (when relevant)
- Be responsible for The Great Room’s compliance with local regulation and practices
Lead the Hong Kong Team
- Maintain The Great Room brand standard in the local market
- Represent The Great Room when the right occasion turns up. Be able to effectively communicate the rationale behind our business decisions through strong oral and written communication skills to internal and external parties
Who you are
- Someone who is ready to get their hands dirty and understands that devil is in the details
- Gets excited about working with numerous people across cultures day to day
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and good work ethics
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, multi-task, delegate and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive attitude and have a positive influence to those around
- Finds it easy to bridge corporate and start-up culture
- Prior experience in co-working or service office environment preferred
What you’ll receive
- Competitive remuneration
- 5 days work week (though there may be occasions where you will be required to work on weekends due to Events etc.)
- Annual Leaves & Public Holidays
- Birthday Leave to celebrate your birthday
- Monthly Mobile Allowance
- Reimbursements for business related trips
- Flexible Benefit (for medical and other approved wellness, healthcare activities etc.)
Does this sound like you
Connect with us at [email protected], with your recent CV.
It’s all work, it’s all play
The Great Room provides hospitality-inspired working environments for a community of liked minded high-value entrepreneurs, leading corporates, and ‘grown-up’ start-ups. The Great Room’s vibrant co-working spaces are growing across Asia Pacific, and will have a presence in Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Jakarta in 2018.
* Note to our talent acquisition partners: Unfortunately, The Great Room cannot accept candidate submissions from partners who does not have an existing agreement with. We will not be responsible for introduction or placement fees for hiring of candidates whose profile were submitted to The Great Room team members or offices without The Great Room's prior knowledge or permission.
Hospitality, Real Estate
Business Development, Sales, Strategy/Planning