Marketing & Events Manager
About the role
It’s all work, it’s all play.
If you love meeting new people and want a super-charged career, connect with us! Perks of the job include a “Super Sexy” Office with an amazing view, specialty coffee and No Monday Blues!
The Great Room seeks a Marketing and Events Manager based in Hong Kong who will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing the marketing plan in line with brand values and business strategy; in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
The Marketing and Events Manager will be in charge of event management for all internal and external events and will assist the Director of Marketing in other areas such as PR, partnerships, digital marketing and communications. He/She is also responsible for growing the business profitably (from Events) both reactively and proactively.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mind-set, capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to bring a structured mind into the creative field of marketing to take actions for tangible results. The Marketing and Events Manager will report to the Director of Marketing (Hong Kong).
What will you do
Be the Event Creator & Curator
- Development, production and delivery of all projects from proposal right up to delivery.
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure projects are delivered efficiently
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet expectations.
- Prepare Event venue rate card, sales brochure and location specific SOPs
- Manage and train Member Relations Officers (Events) for each location
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client and vendor relationships
- Ensure excellent customer service and prompt response to event enquiries.
Be the Marketing Guru
- Drive innovative customer experience, working with Operations team to ensure smooth implementation
- Forging new relationships with like-minded business and community organizations, as well as industry thought leaders
- Develop Business and Learning events and activities which are of relevance to members of The Great Room
- Source for sponsorship, partnership or collaboration opportunities with like-minded brands and communities
- Attend relevant networking events to build database of potential clients and partners
Who you are
- Someone who is ready to get their hands dirty and understands that devil is in the details
- Gets excited about working with numerous people across cultures day to day
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and good work ethics
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, multi-task, delegate and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Finds it easy to bridge corporate and start-up culture
What you’ll receive
- Competitive remuneration
- 5 days work week (though there may be occasions where you will be required to work on weekends due to Events etc.)
- Annual Leaves & Public Holiday
- Birthday Leave to celebrate your birthday
- Monthly Mobile Allowance
- Reimbursements for business related trips
- Flexible Benefit (for medical and other approved wellness, healthcare activities etc.)
Does this sound like you
Connect with us at [email protected], with your recent CV.
It’s all work, it’s all play
The Great Room provides hospitality-inspired working environments for a community of liked minded high-value entrepreneurs, leading corporates, and ‘grown-up’ start-ups. The Great Room’s vibrant co-working spaces are growing across Asia Pacific, and will have a presence in Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong in 2019.
* Note to our talent acquisition partners: Unfortunately, The Great Room cannot accept candidate submissions from partners who does not have an existing agreement with. We will not be responsible for introduction or placement fees for hiring of candidates whose profile were submitted to The Great Room team members or offices without The Great Room's prior knowledge or permission.
Hospitality, Real Estate
Business Development, Events, Strategy/Planning